Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day......what I heard

From all that I could hear yesterday (before I went back to children's church), everyone who actually reported said that they sincerely enjoyed the first event in our Summer of Love (House of Prayer).

It's nice to hear from people who do not normally get the opportunity to share in the public realm. It sounds like there was some initial nervousness, but that overall, the Spirit bore witness that we are essentially on the right track. That's nice to know.

Though we still have some tweaking to do, it seems to me that we are easing out into the right direction. Easing is really hard for me. It requires patience and planning, and everyone knows how I feel about those :)

I believe that July will look a little different, and August even more, but overall, I'm sure we will gradually become more accustom to less attraction and more mission.

It would be nice to get some feedback from yesterday's service. The format, the speaker, the new leaders taking a bigger role, the testimonies, and the overall feeling after the day was complete.

4 comments:

JENNYLOU said...

It was nice to hear a quest in our house say that they felt comfortable. That they were thankful that they were given the opportunity to speak what was on there heart with out reservation. He said that his message was planned out but the day before,GOD changed it and he had to start over.The moral of his story to me was no matter how hard things get in any situation in our lives we have made a covenant with GOD. I took that to even apply that when things get hard around here that I have committed myself to doing GODS work. No matter how big or small if it needs to get done i will do it to glorify GOD. As long as it is in line with scripture I will follow the direction that GOD has laid before you. By the way Taylor said he enjoyed having you as his teacher.

payneboy said...

Good comments! Taylor is so stinkin easy.....you can't teach brilliance, you just point him in the right direction and get out of the way!

I absolutely LOVE teaching these kids. I think I had 12 yesterday and they are amazing learners. I only have 1 rule and that seems to really work: ask Taylor what it is......

JENNYLOU said...

Taylor says respect is the number one rule.

Jackie said...

I also enjoyed having the guest speaker. He was great. What he said about shooting blanks really stuck with me. That is something that I struggle with daily. I make threats(with my children) and plans, but nothing ever happens. That service really made me and Fredo think, and we had a good talk afterwards. WE need to pray together, and work on OUR family. No more shooting blanks. We have to start doing what we say we are going to do. So for us his story is a new and fresh start for us, and I am excited and ready to start following through.