Monday, June 25, 2007

The Rain

I love the rain; I always have loved the rain. I'm not sure what it is, but the rain always brings a certain feeling with it. For me it brings an assurance that God is still there, still in control, still watering His garden. The rain brings me peace and assurance.

Some people really hate the rain. They get frustrated and even scared when it storms. They often feel that God is angry and He is taking out His wrath on His creation. Many people think God is mad all of the time.

Lately it has rained a lot here. Maybe for the first time since I was a boy it has rained more days than it hasn't this summer. Did I mention that I love the rain? It makes me feel young again when I get out in it and get drenched. It makes me feel good to sit and watch it fall on the pavement and in the grass. I'm glad I'm blessed with a nice, dry house to watch the rain from.

If I was homeless I probably wouldn't love the rain anymore. I might not feel safe and assured. I might think that God was mad at me, taking out His frustration with His people on me. Being homeless would suck...bad. Maybe we should think about the homeless and the helpless today while we are watching the rain from our nice, dry living rooms.

"God help the homeless to feel your assurance even in the storms. Help them to feel young again when they are drenched everyday by these summer rains. Send a real believer their way...someone who takes their faith seriously and understands how blessed they really are. Send a good Samaritan."

If it was easier I would go......I think.

7 comments:

Evgenia said...

Hi, rain is wonderful=) that's my first message in a blog

JENNYLOU said...

hi jenny this is jenny
i like rain also

Jackie said...

I like the rain, when I am at home... I could not imagine being homeless.....

Crystal said...

Hello, I love the rain as well. I think it is calming and I like to sit on a porch and watch it rain and feel the breeze. Take care..

Unknown said...

Hello- I like to sleep while it is raining. But I also love the warm sun. The sun reminds me of when I was a child and playing outside until dark. The sun feels like a big warm hug from God. I am thankful for the rain, but since I can't sleep all the time, at least not with 3 kids... I WANT THE SUN!!!

Zorlofe said...

I'm also a fan of the rain. I'm always hot and hate the heat and sometimes I like to just stand in the pooring rain and cool off. Like rain, a nice cool breeze reminds me of God's presence and His creation. I watched Fearless, a movie with Jet Lee and there was a part in it where they are planting rice in the fields and whenever a strong gust of wind blew they would stop working and stand with their eyes closed as if they were recognizing God in His creation and maybe even somehow paying their respects to Him. I thought it was awesome and catch myself doing it when I'm outside doing something. At the camping trip I caught myself doing it there. Try it sometime and when you do make sure to close your eyes and focus your thoughts on God's love and the beauty in it and His creation and what He created to help us.

tinker said...

For me, rain seems to restore a balance. It reminds us that we are all eaqual as humans and are all suseptable to the same forces of nature. The sound of the rain is relaxing and I like to wach it flow off roofs and down drain pipes, It just shows you nature working, water just folowing the law of gravity on its way to the sea, colecting in majestic lakes and dramatic thundering rivers that exight the soul, and waterfalls that hypnotise the mind. Sometimes rain can bring people together like, 'come and share my shelter and we can ride out the storm together'. Waching rain from inside has a certain lovlyness to it, it just hilights the advantages of having a shelter and it feels great! also hearing the rain pater down on a caravan roof can be one of the nicest sounds there is, just that regular reashuring rythym that can send you straight to sleep. Theres also a reashuring feeling that youre not missing out on anything when its raining, it feels right to be idle and that can be great on a day off. In general rainy periods are a pecefull time of inactivity, unless there are flods of course or youre roof is leaking, then it would be a nightmare obiously. Water is the stuff of life, celansing and refreshing. Also the rain has a certain fresh smell to it that just makes you fell ALIVE and the moderate even light that difuses through the clouds is perfect for the eyes causing no strain and casting no shadows. To feel that mitsy rain on my face, espesially in hilly mountainous regions, is so cooling when youre hot from walking. Rain is a protective blanket, just makes me feel safe, i bet they loved the misty rain during the war, the enemy bomers could not see their targets. A rainy day is time to come inside for a nice hot cup of tea and a read of a good book in a nice big comfy armchair beside a nice fire. Rain helps remind us we are fortunate, God bless the less fortunate with no shelter and help them find shelter. Why i like rain, By mark Whitby