Saturday, May 26, 2007

I have a GREAT idea!!!!!

You know how scripture teaches that the older ought to teach the younger and that the younger should respect and honor the older?

What would you guys think about starting with COOKING!!!!!! Seriously, I think we could have a weekend where we all got together and took turns teaching how to do certain things involving cooking. I mean we could bring our kids and make it really interactive, move over Rachel Ray!

So what do you guys think? Like someone could teach us how to make homemade tamales (yeah you Jenny), someone else could show us how to make real chicken wings, or grill brats that will set you free, or make REAL BBQ, or make a cake from scratch, or homemade bread, or any number of things.

Maybe Darrell could show us how to brew homemade beer! Well he is a scientist afterall :)

Cmon, chime in, let's do this. We can set up the house at the church (or go to someone's house with plenty of room), and just cook all day on a Saturday. Or we could do it once or twice a month during the summer. Let's get it going!

3 comments:

Susie said...

OK, I am all in! Whose BRATS will we grill first??? I have 2 to offer! :):)

JENNYLOU said...

HEY IM UP FOR IT AND I WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO MAKE TAMALES OR EVEN TORTILLAS FROM A PACKAGE. (THE WHITE SIDE NEVER LEARNED THE REAL WAY). BUT HEY PACKAGE IS JUST AS GOOD. ANYBODY WITH GUTS I KNOW HOW TO MAKE MENUDO ALSO.

Mike said...

Man I am always up for cooking and learning something new in the kitchen just tell me when and where. I can deffinitly teach people how to eat some good cooking :D